How long does it take to blow dry your hair? 10 minutes? An half an hour? Isn’t it the worst just sitting there, staring at yourself in the mirror, thinking of all the other things you could be doing? This is something I battle with every time I wash my hair. So, I decided to come up with some ways to take advantage of that time!
- Skincare mask. Almost every skin type can benefit from a clay mask once a week, so take this time to do just that! Or any other mask you choose. Slather on your mask of choice, and let dry! Wash off with a warm washcloth once your mask becomesdry, which should be around when your locks are done!
- Let your toesies dry! Pedicures are so much fun! Ruining them the second you stand up is not. Hop out of the shower, pin up your hair and give yourself a pedicure. It can dry while you do your hair.
- Whiten your teeth. Teeth whitening kits can vary from once a week use, to every other day use. Plop those suckers on your pearly whites and dry away!
- Let self tanner dry. After you dry off, slather on your self tanner and dry your hair standing up! When doing this I use my hair dryer to dry my shoulders and back off a bit so product doesn’t get in my hair.
- Let your face products set in. Do your skincare routine before you begin to dry your hair, as it’s best to let them sit awhile before doing your makeup (if you are doing makeup that is). Apply moisturizer, creams or other treatments, and let them soak in for a few. Then apply your makeup primer. The longer is sits the better! Make sure to dry your hair on a cool temperature if you do this so you don’t sweat off all of your product you just applied.
And there you go. These are the things I do to keep from dying of boredom when drying my long locks every couple of days!