Summer is a glorious thing. Beach days, picnics, bonfires, water parks… Summer fun is beginning to beckon to us from every corner. But the heat doesn’t do our makeup any favors. Here are some tips to keeping your makeup lasting all day!
- Use primer. For the love of all that is holy, use primer! After cleaning your face, do your normal skincare routine and apply primer last. Let it settle in for a bit before doing your makeup. You wouldn’t build a house on the ground without a foundation, or paint on an unprimed canvas… Not using primer is just asking for trouble. So just do it, ok?
- Try to be conscious of not touching your face. I get it, it’s hot, you’re feeling sweaty and gross, but don’t do it! Touching your face not only wipes off your makeup, but introduces bacteria to your pores. But it is inevitable at times so make sure your hands and nails are clean and use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Wear your hair back. Hair in or around your face will wipe off your makeup as well, so pin it back during the high heat of the day. A fun fishtail for the weekends is a great way to wear your locks, or a chic chignon for office days.
- Use a setting spray. This seals your makeup in and helps to keep it in place longer. Respray every few hours if you feel the need.
- Carry your face powder and face blotting papers with you. Every couple of hours blot off excess oil (these should not move your makeup if you are just blotting) and apply a thin layer of powder.
- Lastly, use waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Eyelids can get quite greasy throughout the day, using waterproof products will help you to combat this. Make sure to blot your eyelids with blotting papers regularly as well, that’s easy to forget to do.
These tips should keep you shine free, and fresh faced all day! Do you have any heat combating makeup tips to share with us?